Like when travelling to the majority of countries you will find that when going to America on a plane you will only be able to take certain food items in your baggage for personal use. What you can take with you may depend on where you are coming from, and to be sure that you know the exact rules and regulations should speak with an America immigration advisor. However today we are going to be providing some general information on what you may find that you can and cannot take so that people are able to gain a brief insight.
The following foods are generally admissible:
- Condiments such as tomato ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise and prepare sauces that do not contain meat or meat products
- Olive oil and vegetable oil
- Bread, cake, biscuits, cereal and other baked produce
- Chocolate and sweets
- Cheese, providing that it doesn’t contain any meat or that it isn’t coming from a country that is affected by foot-and-mouth disease
- Canned good and good in vacuum sealed jars – again as long as they don’t contain meat
- Fish in small quantities for personal consumption
- Dried fruit such as apricots, currants, figs, prunes, dates and raisins
- Liquid milk and milk products for your infants
- Powder drinks that are sealed in their original containers
- Commercially canned juices
- Commercially packaged tea and coffee if there is no pulp attached
- Flour – wheat, rice oat and commercial
- Spices, providing they do not contain lemon, lime or orange
- Noodles which contain no egg or meat
- Rice from countries where the Khapra beetle is not present
- Nut that have been either boiled, cooked, ground, roasted, over dried, steamed or puréed.
- Aloe – above ground parts
- Coconuts that have has husks completely removed
- Peeled cloves of garlic
- Ginger with clean roots
These are only some of the things that you are likely able to take with you when moving to America too! If you are moving to America and want to take comfort foods with you so that you can settle that bit easier, you need to speak with you immigration solicitor today whom will be able to provide you with an exact and in-depth list of what you can and cannot take with you. Don’t risk taking foods that are going to get you in trouble – Research today.